Friday, May 22, 2026

02 STATEMENT OF INTENT

FIRST DRAFT COMPLETE

I intend to create my own music video to the song 'Don't Delete The Kisses' by alternative artist Wolf Alice. To go alongside this, I also intent to create an interactive website for my made-up artist. I will aim to appeal to my target audience, which is between ages 16-25, and the demographic of ABC1. It will appeal to young people interested in fashion, and art. 

My main artist is a young woman, which allows my target audience to connect with her, due to the fact they are around the same age. To make sure I am matching the appearance of my music video and website to other alternative artists' work, I will use very bold and vibrant colours, as well as bright, high-key lighting. I will also be using colourful clothing and makeup in my photography and final video, to make the final products more artsy and eye-catching. I will also be using quite wide-angle shots to show my backgrounds and settings I have chosen. This will make the video more aesthetically pleasing. 

My final products will involve non-stereotypical representation, as I am going to me having a woman wearing extremely bold make-up, extravagant colourful clothing, and dancing strangely. She will also be quite lively and bold which are stereotypically masculine qualities. This will appeal to my chosen demographic and target audience, as they are quite young, meaning they will most likely be more open-minded.

I am portraying my main artist as quite bold, and strong, this will hopefully make people appreciate the message I am trying to present, which is that clothes, and makeup can still be worn to empower women, and no longer have to appeal to men, as they are social constructs that unfortunately normalised restricting labels. I will also represent young people as fun, and artistic, which would also help me to appeal to my target audience, as they might feel as though they can relate.

My website will include interviews from the artist, and what other famous figures think about her, this will appeal to my target audience as they may want to know about the artist. This is common in young people, as they tend to obsess and admire celebrities a lot more. I will also add a blooper reel of the production to my website, this will provide a comedy element for fans, and will also help them to feel more connected to her. I can also add an interactive section where fans can post tiktoks of themselves listening or lip syncing to his song, in hopes that they might get a response from her, or get put onto the website.

To meet the digital convergence requirements, My website will involve behind the scenes videos that show the production process, and how everything was put together. I will also include a blooper reel for some comedy and connection to the artst. I will also add links such as merchandise and social media, so fans can collect, and know more about her. My colour schemes and designs will match eachother throughout the whole project, as well as having some sort of logo to create my artist a trade-mark, this will make it easy for them to be recognised and seen. I can also add a subscription section, where fans can recieve emails when any updates occur.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Website Mock-up Link

https://20daviesz.wixsite.com/mysite